Please sign in to post.

florence

My family has two days in florence. Suggestions for guides and things to see?

Posted by
203 posts

Angela, I only had two day in Florence and would highly recommend Artviva for a tour company. They have a very informative and user friendly website www.artviva.com. They may (or may not) have a tour that meets your needs. I would highly recommend the Uffizi Gallery tour. Our guide was Klaus and the depth of his knowledge blew me away. Many people we met did the "3 pack" tour which was a combo of The Walking Tour, The Uffizi and The Accademia, which you can do over a two day period. Check them out. I give them two thumbs up!

Posted by
7737 posts

The best money you'll spend on your vacation will be to buy the RS Italy guide. It will help you tailor your time in Italy to match your specific interests. Happy travels.

Posted by
381 posts

A agree with the above. The Uffizi and the Academia. Just make advance reservations and make sure you stay on a day that is open. I also liked the St. Marco Church. Michealangelo and others buried there. Also a great must see view is the Piazza Michaelangelo. The Ponte Vechhio is near all of the sites I mentioned. Excuse my spelling on the sites but you should get the point.

Posted by
87 posts

uphill from Piazzale Michelangelo is an amazing church with beautiful and touching graveyard. Think it is called San Maniato. Downhill from Piaz. M is the Folon Rose Garden. Very restful and lovely small park, with beautiful views of Florence and of the surrounding hills. A nice respite from the noise and bustle of the city.