Please sign in to post.

Florence

I am really struggling trying figure out where we should stay during out 2-3 day visit to Florence/Tuscany. We will be traveling with a child (8 years old). Should we stay in on of the towns such as Lucca and take a day trip(s) into Florence or should we stay in the city? Any recommendations?

Posted by
182 posts

yes florence. a night in siena would be awesome if you can do it. florence maybe my favorite city in all of europe. that is saying alot. be safe have fun.

Posted by
32213 posts

julie,

I agree with the others - definitely stay in Florence! I suspect there will be more facilities there to keep an eight-year old occupied than in smaller towns.

Happy travels!

Posted by
1018 posts

I would use Florence as my base and then do day trips. I have stayed at Mario's Hotel on Via Faenza many times and have always been satisfied with its accommodations. You could also use venere.com or tripadvisor.com for properties and client reviews.

Buon viaggio,

RB

Posted by
362 posts

Stay in the city in an apartment where you can make your own meals and your child will have room to play and less traveling to do. You can find many places on Tuscany Rent Direct, Craigslist, etc. (as well as many other websites).