Please sign in to post.

Florence

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Florence and Tuscany
I will stay 3 nights in Florence ,where do you recommend , so I can visit all the main sightseeing .
May 18 , we are 3 adults, then my plan is hire a car and drive throug Tuscany, how many days do you recommend and where to stay.really like to see San Giminiano , will be nice to stay inside the villa but I don't know id I can go with the car.
other villas to visit and stay.
need to book in advance or we can have flexibility with the car and stay 1 or more nights depend if we like the villa.
then go to Umbria , the same where to stay and how many days.
and drop off car Sorrento or will be better in Naples and is nice to stay 1 night there and then how I get to Sorrento.
sorrento is nce to stay 4 nights and visit Positano, caplri and relax.
the last destination is Rome so I 'm not sure if stay sorrento first, Naples and train to rRome

thanks please help me

Posted by
405 posts

Hi Gabriela,
If you tell us exactly how many nights you will be in Italy, that will help us to give you better planning advice. Also, what are your priorities for sightseeing? For example in Florence, would you prefer to visit museums only, or churches as well? If you like Renaissance art, you will want to visit the Uffizi which you should reserve tickets on-line well in advance. There are lots more suggestions I could make, but it would be a good idea to do a bit of your own research to help you decide what you would prefer to see.

Posted by
53 posts

thanks susan, My idea is stay in Florence 3 nights and see all main sightseeing.
Do you recommend to book tours in advance , where can you suggest any supplier

thanks

Posted by
53 posts

I will stay 3 or 4 nights, I will love to see main sights and really not sure where to buy entries .
Need to book in advance. Firenze card can I buy in Florence? this card is only entry or I will have someone who explain as a guide.
another thing is Hop On Hop off is a good idea
May2016 3 adults
thanks

Posted by
15806 posts

I will love to see main sights and really not sure where to buy
entries .

For the Uffizia and Accademia, here's the official ticketing site:

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx

You will have to choose a specific day/time that's still available, and show up on time. Do be aware that both are closed on Mondays.

Firenze card can I buy in Florence? this card is only entry or I will
have someone who explain as a guide.

Whether or not to buy this card depends on how many of the attractions it covers you want to see or even have time to squeeze in. You have to do the math: add up the cost of individual entry prices for what you know you want to see/can fit in and compare that to the price of the pass.

Yes, you can purchase it in Florence. It covers a single entry to each attraction listed on the website, and no, it does not cover guide services; you would have to purchase those services separately. We didn't see the need for a guide in Florence; get a good guidebook and do some reading before you go.

another thing is Hop On Hop off is a good idea

No. Florence is not big enough for hohos, and they couldn't go to enough places to be of any benefit. Much of Florence is pedestrianized or has streets too narrow to accommodate buses.

Posted by
4825 posts

Hotel California is quite nice and is well within walking distance of all the main things one would want to visit.

Posted by
15161 posts

In Florence I also recommend the Hotel California. Such a lovely place
Plenty of room at the Hotel California. Any time of year.

However, and I don't know if that is a problem for you, if you ask for wine they'll tell you they haven't served it since 1969.

You also might experience some delays at the reception desk when you check out.
That hotel is really only programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Posted by
15806 posts

Ah, but mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice!
(laughing at Roberto)

Posted by
46 posts

I think the Firenze card is a good deal even if you don't quite break even. To me it is worth it and you can be a bit more flexible with your planning. I used it in February when I had 3 full days in Florence. And I did end up making it worth the price however it was an exhausting 3 days. Try to plan for a little down time.