Please sign in to post.

Fiumicino Airport

I am arriving at the airport 2 hours before my friend. Where should I go to wait and a secure spot? Thank you.

I will have a layover in London first, so will probably go to terminal 3, then get my luggage and go through customs.

Posted by
987 posts

Sorry this isn't an answer for you, but it might help people give answers if you give a little more information. Do you know what terminal you wil be arriving at, and what terminal your friend will arrive at? Also, will you be leaving the airport on a train, taxi, another flight? I will have a similar situation this fall, so I hope you get some good tips!

Posted by
715 posts

Cate,

Go to roninrome.com. He has a very extensive, literally, step-by-step, directions for the Fiumicino terminals. There is a designated meeting sport outside to the exit from customs for terminal 3, which is most likely where your friend will be arriving from. That is information you should find out from you friend, terminal, flight number, time of arrival, airlines, etc.

Posted by
9 posts

I thought I would be going into Terminal 3; but if I have a layover at Heathrow and have British Air to FCO, is it still Terminal 3? Thanks!

Posted by
4156 posts

I'd check with the airline to see where you will come in, but it looks like British Airlines comes in at Terminal 3. This link to FCO should get you started with information on that. Just scroll down the page to the chart to scroll through or search it. Explore the website for other information you might need.

Our experience was that we were first herded into the lines for immigration. Make sure that you and your friend have your passports stamped. Sometimes the people inside the glass don't bother and it can cause you trouble later. Then we walked past baggage pick up because we are strictly carry-on. The next "gate" was going through customs (just a walk past some totally bored guys). And then we were on the public side of the airport. We found a little cafe and parked ourselves there for a bit with coffee and snacks. There may be others than that one, but the point is, there are places to meet on the public side.

There are also places to sit on the air-side, near the baggage carousels, but I don't remember much in the way of food options. I just noticed the "secure" part of your question. Always wearing a moneybelt and having very little luggage, I'm not one to worry much about that in general, so maybe others can speak to it.