Hello, fellow travelers!
Looking for your advice and feedback (please and thank you!)
- First time to Italy!
- October 10/6/2020 flying out of California.
- Our Honeymoon (34 yr old male and female, decent health)
- Want to be smart and savvy with our time spent moving locations
- Plan on walking for the majority of our time in the big cities (saves money too!)
- Thinking taking Air Italy direct flight from LAX to MXP (it's a direct flight!)
- 2 days in Milan, 3 days in Venice, 3 days Florence, 3 days in Rome = 11 days total
- gives us 2-day flexibility, depending on our flight's departure/arrival, and our initial first day dealing with the time change
- Thinking taking fast trains between the major cities to save time (what are the fast train options in Italy?)
- Don't know how strict Italy is with bags, but plan on using my Patagonia 32L Black Hole Backpack, and a Patagonia Ultralight Black Hole® Tote Pack 27L as my personal bag.
- We want to be close to the action (so we can save our feet some pain), but be able to get some sleep at night (so semi-quiet)
- Lodging ideas for $200-300 a night (total)?
- Zendure sells a charger called, " Passport 30W Global Travel Adapter." Will this work for Italy? As far as capability and not damaging our electronics, lol.
- Which Rick Steve's books should we buy to prep? Some people say get the Italy 2020, others say get the Rome 2020 (as well as the Venice and Florence guidebooks for $23.99 and $21.99)
- What tours/ attractions can we book now, so we can skip the lines and save time when we get there?
- Being from California, As long as I have a current and valid passport, I won't have to worry about getting the REAL ID to travel, correct?
- I can't think of anything else at the moment. Thank you and look forward to all of your responses and help!