Please sign in to post.

Firenze Card?

Hello!

I know there are mixed reviews on whether this card is worth the Money. But I am curious for those who have gotten this card if they felt it was worth it?

My husband and I were going to purchase tickets to see David, Uffuzi and Boboli gardens and the cost was a little over 100 euro. So it seems the Firenze Card maybe worth it....?

This card is 85 euro and includes those places but I know you have to register for at least David and the Uffuzi... anyone have experience with that?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by
15831 posts

Unfortunately, the Firenzecard doesn't currently cover any museums in Florence. There's no word when it might become active again. From their website:

http://www.firenzecard.it/en

"At this moment, the Firenzecard Circuit has not yet been reactivated in order to allow the completion of the reopening plan of the participating museums and sites, and the Firenzecard cannot be used for access to the museums."

Posted by
71 posts

At this moment the card is not available for sale. I have bought this card many times in the past and it is the best thing for visiting Florence museums. Museums can get extremely busy and having a designated line for Firenze card holders is great. I do recall making a reservation for the Uffizi for a nominal fee, but again I do not like waiting in hour long lines.
The card covers so many museums that you can also visit some lesser known places in Florence, as well. I am hoping the card is available by July. I will be visiting Florence and would love to have it available.
Happy Travels!

Posted by
15831 posts

To add, your tickets for the Uffizi, Accademia and Boboli Gardens shouldn't add up to 100 € per person. If interested, there's a 5-day ticket that is, "valid for 5 consecutive days and offers the holder priority admission (once only) to each of the following museums: the Uffizi Gallery, the Pitti Palace and the Boboli Garden, as well as the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and the Museo dell'Opificio delle Pietre Dure. Please note priority admission does not apply on those days or for those time slots when admission is free of charge for all visitors." It costs 38 € per adult, and while you do have to reserve an entry slot for the Uffizi at time of purchase, you don't for the other museums/garden it covers. Look for it on the b-ticket site under "UFFIZI 5-DAY PASS". It will be the "Passepartout Named" selection:

https://www.b-ticket.com/b-Ticket/uffizi/default_eng.aspx.html

Tickets for the Accademia will be 16.00 € pp. So all in all, the total would be 54,00 € per adult.

Posted by
15831 posts

And one more note? I see from a previous post that you'd only allocated one day for Florence, and a national holiday at that (May 1). While the museums are probably open that day, they will be VERY busy. May 2nd is a Monday when most Italian national museums are closed; I checked the Uffizi and Accademia and tickets are not available for that day so they're closed. Have you since revised your itinerary?

Posted by
12 posts

Oh okay sorry I clearly didn't do my research well enough on the Card...

Kathy... Uffuzi is 24euro/pp, Academmia is 16 euro/pp and Boboli is 13 euro/pp... so total for my husband and I is 106euro. I wish it could be 54 euro!

I will look more into this 5 day pass! Thank you for sharing

Yes! We are now in Florence for 3.5 days, May 3 - 7th!

Posted by
15831 posts

Uffuzi is 24euro/pp, Academmia is 16 euro/pp and Boboli is 13
euro/pp... so total for my husband and I is 106euro. I wish it could
be 54 euro!

OK, it wasn't clear that you were adding both your husband's and your own ticket costs together to reach that 100 € price. In that case, even if the Firenzecard was active for the 3 attractions on your list, the cost would be 170€ as you would need a 85€ card for each of you. When active, it did cover more attractions than just the Accademia, Uffizi and Boboli Gardens, tho.

Happy to hear that you've added time to this fascinating city!

Posted by
2839 posts

Don't know if this might be of interest, but there's also the "Amici Degli Uffizi" card - an annual pass that includes unlimited (and priority) entry into the Uffizi, the Pitti Palace , the Boboli Gardens, the Bardini Gardens, and the National Archaeology Museum: http://www.amicidegliuffizi.it/diventa_socio.php?pg=8&ln=en
The cost is 100 Euro for a family pass - basically two adults. We used the passes extensively during an anniversary trip to Florence a few years ago and it proved to be a big money saver for us. Although we were there for a much longer period than your proposed visit it still might be a cost-effective option for you - check it out to see if the math works for you.
A perk that we especially appreciated was that the cards were the closest thing we found to true VIP passes. Upon arrival at the entry door all we had to do was flash the cards and the guard immediately directed us to the head of the security line - no waiting (except for security) and no need to reserve a particular entry time in advance - we just showed up as the spirit moved us. Since the museum (for us anyway) was so overwhelming it enabled us to visit for an hour or two and then depart before the whole experience became mind numbing.
We used the cards the same way at the other covered attractions, sometimes just stopping by the Bardini Gardens for lunch and a cup of coffee while enjoying the panoramic view over the city from the belvedere.

Posted by
71 posts

Uffizi, Accademia, and Pitti Palace are wonderful to visit.

However, the list of museums significant to Art History in Florence is extensive. The Museo del Duomo (Michelangelo Pieta, Donatello Maria Magdelena), Medici Chapel, Palazzo Medici - Riccardi, Brancacci Chapel, Marini Museum, Bargello (statue museum) to name a few - are lesser known places to visit with exceptional artwork.

So if you're in Florence - visit these museums along with the Big Three (Uffizi, Accademia, Pitti).

Happy Travels!

Posted by
1 posts

I LOVED The Firenze Pass when I visited Florence and highly recommend it if it is available when you go. (As of July 2022, it is not available.)

The main benefit for me was that it was EASY and FREE to quickly stop by many of the smaller museums that I probably would not have skipped if I didn’t have the pass. Plus I think it included public transportation which I used.