Please sign in to post.

Firenze Card

I just read the following on Firenze Card Facebook page!!! The website shows them as being included as well. Huge additions that make the Card a no brainer! From January 1st 2013 nine museums have been added to the Firenze Card circuit! Torre di Palazzo Vecchio Museo dell'Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore Battistero di San Giovanni Campanile di Giotto Cupola Basilica di Santa Croce Casa Buonarroti Museo Casa di Dante
Museo del Calcio

Posted by
134 posts

I bought the Firenze card in October 2012. I did so mostly to avoid the need to make reservations or waiting in lines. I still had to obtain a ticket by showing the card. So it didn't save time as compared to buying tickets at each location. At the Palazzo Vecchio, the line to get a ticket was the same as the line to get a audio guide and I waited in line longer than if I had just bought a ticket instead of using the card. So, you don't just flash the card & go in. I didn't go to the Uffizi. I would like to hear from some one who has used the card at the Uffizi. Was it a hassle? The card was for 3 days, so it pays to figure out what you want to see in the 3 days and do the math to see if it saves you money.

Posted by
5 posts

My main reason for the card is the lines as well. We purchased on line ahead of time in 2009 for Uffizi and Accademia and it worked so smoothly, I may do that again after your recent experience. We are going for 4 full days and the city is so easy to walk around, I am curious if anybody has used the buses for anything of note?