Please sign in to post.

Firenze Card

At the Accademia and Uffizi in September, will I still stand in the looooong line with the Firenze card as I did with purchased ahead reservations the last time I was there?

Posted by
1046 posts

You should be able to walk right in. Sounds like you went to the wrong entrance? In the past, with reservation (hmm, did you book a specific reservation time?) I try not to look pitifully at the looooong line as I pass it by.

You will get in the reservations line with the Florence Card. For Accademia - go when it first opens or last hour of day to minimize standing around. I think Uffizi is always busy. We went at 2 pm and it was busy.

Posted by
305 posts

We had the Firenze card in October. We walked right in the Uffizi waited in line at the Accademia. I think the reservation and the Firenze card was the same line at the Accademia.

Posted by
1207 posts

In August 2016, friend and I purchased Firenze cards, but at the Accademia we were directed to a LOOONNGG line "for Firenze" card holders, which was just a bit shorter than the LLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG line for people without the card and without reservations. Neither line was moving. HOWEVER, people who had made reservations, and picked up their reservations from the little office across the street from the Accademia main door, and people in tour groups, WALKED RIGHT IN. Yes. I think that their is a bit of false advertising re. the Firenze card, at least regarding entrance to the Accademia. Clearly, people with reservations were granted entrance at their entry times, but Firenze card holders were directed to a non-moving line. We chose not to stand in the line that hot August morning, but came back about an hour before closing on the following day. Strangely, at the Uffizi, we used the Firenze card as directed (go to gate "A" (I think) to get an entry ticket, then to gate "B" - check Rick's book for specifics) and had no problem. After this experience, I would NOT recommend the Firenze card for people thinking that it will help with entrance to the Accademia.