Please sign in to post.

Firenze card

Your2019 Italy book says the Firenze card covers the Uffizi and Accademia. The Firenze card website says the card doesn’t cover these 2. Which is correct?
Also, any problems with downloading the Firenze card onto my iPhone, instead of exchanging a voucher for an actual Firenze card?

Posted by
6288 posts

I have recently spent a lot of time on the Firenze card website. The Firenze card has and continues to cover the Uffizi and Accademia. There have recently been at least three posts about the Firenze card. The card and the reservation process has changed slightly. While the Firenze card provides priority access to most sights, it does not for Uffizi, Academia and the Duomo Dome. For the Uffizi and Accademia, there is a number on the Firenze card website to call to get a timed ticket for the museums. For the Duomo Dome, you need to wait until you get to Florence to reserve a time and they do not guarantee that you will get a time. Do know there are other options for city views. There is the Duomo bell tower and the tower in the Palazzo Vecchio. I have not yet purchased my card and can't speak to downloading the card to your iphone. I do know you have to exchange a voucher or at least show the card to obtain tickets for the Duomo sites.

Posted by
16409 posts

Jules covered most of details very well; as she said, the card DOES cover the entry price of the Uffizi and Accademia. What it does NOT allow you to do is to waltz in at any old time if the museums are very busy and the tickets lines are very long. To avoid that - in other words to have priority entrance - you have to make timed-entry reservations. Instructions for making those reservations - which are free - are on the FAQ page of the Firenzecard website under "Do I need to make reservations for the Uffizi and Accademia Gallery with Firenzecard?"

http://www.firenzecard.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&lang=en

The FAQ page also covers making reservations to climb the duomo dome (cupola) once you've arrived in Florence. This is a very popular attraction and has tighter crowd control because of the limited space. It is possible to arrive in Florence and find all the time slots already booked up for the next few days.

Understand that while you'll be skipping the ticket lines with reservations, you will not skip the security-check queues - no one can do that - but they move along fairly quickly. :O)

Sorry, can't help you with the phone-loaded version of the card.