Please sign in to post.

Firenze Card

Where can I buy the Firenze card once I am in Florence? Is it true that if i buy it online, I still have to pick it up in person anyways?

Posted by
14 posts

Once you buy it online, they give you a list of locations that you can pop into and pick it up. You'll have to print out a form with a barcode on it (and the locations to redeem it).

Posted by
864 posts

Be advised the card has gone up in price to 72Euros. Good for 72 hours from time of first use. You might as well buy it in person. Is a big time saver for the major sites and you will visit museums you might otherwise not. Pop in - ah this is a dud - pop out, no loss. For first timers in Florence with more than 3 full days this is still a reasonable deal. Just plan it out. PLEASE plan out your museum tours while at home. Pass brochure: X closed on Mondays or the 2nd full moon in years ending in odd numbers unless it's the bring home the goats festival. (OK I added in that last part but in rural areas if can be true!) Plot it out, seriously. Monday and Tuesday seem to be minefields. If you do your research (easy online) you will maximize your pass and minimize your disappointments. We had a 72 hour pass starting at 3 p.m. on a Sunday and had a great experience (well it was 50E at the time).

Posted by
7 posts

Sounds like I may buy it in person then.
Does anyone know locations that sell the Firenze Card?

Posted by
864 posts

There's really no point to buying it online since you have to pick it up anyway. You can buy it at: TI at train station, Museum of Santa Maria Novella (near train station), Uffizi Gallery Door #2 (left of the ticket buying line), Bargello and the Palazzo Vecchio and maybe others. I always buy it at the Palazzo Vecchio since I spend the first day or half day wandering around and the Palazzo is very central. Remember the clock on the card starts ticking at first use so plan out your time. I actually did a little flow chart of what I wanted to see and the dates they were closed. By starting at 3 p.m. on a Sunday we were able to get everything in without a lot of backtracking and finished up in time to go back to the B&B in the afternoon of day three, pack and go out to a great dinner. Also as a reminder the card allows you to act as if you have a reservation so go to the reservation's only door where indicated.