Please sign in to post.

Firenze Card

Hello!

I know there have been other posts on this issue, but I do need some advice. We are a family of 6 ( all adults) traveling to Italy this summer. We will be in Florence July 4-7, but realistically only able to see the sights on July 5-6. I am wondering if the Firenze card is worth it. Price is a consideration, but my priority is quick and easy access because we are strapped for time. Does the Firenze card offer legitimate skip the line privileges?

On the one hand, we will not be around for 72 hours to take full advantage of it. On the other hand, we might end up paying more money buying tickets with "skip the line" features for multiple venues.

I understand the Firenze card is available once again, but excludes the Duomo? Not sure about that. Do any of you have any insight on this? Thank you in advance for your sage advice!

Posted by
27138 posts

Tickets purchased from individual websites are skip-the-line tickets, so it comes down to how many of the covered places you will see during the validity period of the card and how the total entry fees stack up against the cost of the card. Don't forget that the time spent at the Duomo (or any other non-covered sights) is time you will not have available to make use of the card.

Posted by
15819 posts

Hi s42mahoney -
I'd passed info on the card to you previously (see link below). You didn't find the Firenzecard stuff to be helpful/answer most of your questions? The post also included a link to the Duomo's website and their ticketing info. As previously mentioned in that post, no, the Firenzecard doesn't cover any of the attractions in that complex (museum, bell tower, dome, etc). The FAQ section of the card's website covers a lot of the specifics.

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/italy/passes-and-money

As acraven told you, tickets purchased from the official websites of the most-visited attractions are timed-entry. You purchase a specific day and open time slot to eliminate a lot of standing in line. It really doesn't cost you more than probably a couple of euro for the reservation fee, and is a MUST if you are visiting during high season. As my previous post pointed out, even with the Firenze card, advance reservations are mandatory for the Uffizi Galleries + a couple other attractions.

There are any number of attractions that aren't as heavily visited as the Uffizi and Accademia so are fine to do as walk-ups. If the Uffizi and Palazzo Pitti are on your list, there is a nice combo ticket for those + a couple other attractions so holler if interested in that one. Your time is short, however, so you're going to need to be pretty selective.

Personally? Without the full 72-hours to get the good of it - plus needing to make advance reservations for a couple museums that are probably on your list whether you use the card or not, I wouldn't purchase it.
(Edited)

Posted by
3046 posts

When we were in Florence, we went to the Brancussi Chapel. We didn't have a ticket, but there was a mass on. So we simply went in and sat during the Mass.