Please sign in to post.

Fine dining in Venice

Will be in Venice end of April and going to the opera at La Fenice. We have a reservation at ristorante Quadri but was wondering if there are better fine dining options besides? I have never done the Michelin restaurant experience so not sure on the value of one compared to a good restaurant.?

Posted by
67 posts

I haven't been to Quadri, but a newer restaurant with elevated, modern food is Local. I recommend it highly. I think it's a one-star, not sure. Take a look at the sample menu and see if it's your style.
https://www.ristorantelocal.com/

ETA: I just Googled Quadri, and the room looks much more ornate than Local, which design-wise is more rustic (although the cuisine is elevated locavore-ish). So you may prefer the room, decor, etc., of Quadri if this is your first fine dining experience.

Enjoy!

Posted by
5138 posts

We've eaten wonderful food in many places that had no Michelin stars at all. One of our favorite places in Venice is Trattoria Da Marco Valla Fava on Calle Stagneri which is in the Rialto Bridge area. It's been around for decades. Really great seafood in a very nice facility. Google them and see what you think.