Please sign in to post.

Ferry from Naples to Sorrento

I have read that there is a ferry from Naples to Sorrento but have been unable to locate it. The ferry I did located ends that route on 6/30/21. I would prefer the ferry to the train but cannot seem to find if it exists. I wonder if it is a Covid issue. Does anyone know if it still exists? Thanks!

Posted by
38 posts

Thanks! I was on my iPad and the click wouldn't work but did on my desktop. Wahoooo! I am going to pretend it is the last 3 cruises that have been canceled due to Covid. :)

Posted by
1046 posts

The ferry is a wonderful way to start your vacation (or continue it). For me, it's a relaxing way to deal with jet lag, get the feel of the wind, see the land and Capri, watch the cliffs of Sorrento get closer and closer. I can't recommend it high enough. Check the schedule, as you get closer to your trip. It doesn't go frequently. The dock area is a comfortable place to grab a snack, take a walk or find some shade.

Posted by
2523 posts

We did this a couple years ago. It was more like being in an airplane than on a cruise. You could not go outside. Then you arrive below Sorrento and need to get up to the town. We took a bus.

We were staying not far from the ferry dock in Naples so made sense but wasn't the pleasant ferry ride I imagined.

Posted by
38 posts

Thanks for the advice! I've been on some pretty crazy cruises and my retired Navy husband has been on even crazier cruises. We would prefer the ferry ride even riding inside. We are going to the Greek Islands for 10 days after and have been planning ferries in between islands.

Exciting times being able to get out of southern Ohio. :)

Enjoy your adventures!