Please sign in to post.

Ferrari Museum

Just wondering if anyone has done a tour of the Ferrari museum, and if it's worth it for a day trip from Cortona? My husband and teen boys are HUGE car fans!
Thanks!

Posted by
320 posts

Joan: The museum is a lot of fun. I am not particularly a "car guy" but I really enjoyed it. I spent about two hours there at the museum. What is also neat is to see all the beautiful Ferraris just driving around Maranello. Please consider your distances however - Cortona is a good three hours from Maranello. That is a long time in the car for a day trip. We stayed in the charming village of Castelvetro near Modena. Wonderful hotel there - Locanda del Feudo - check it out. Have fun.

Posted by
504 posts

We too visited the Ferrari museum in 2008. It was wonderful, all the pretty, red cars. The other poster is right too, it is a lot of fun seeing all the Ferraris on the streets of Maranello. We stopped in Maranello on our way from the Piedmonte to Cortona. I don't remember how long it took us to get from Maranello to Cortona though. We went down some back roads and stopped for lunch in Greve. I think it would be close to a three hour trip each way on the autostrada (interstate). I have done daytrips from Rome that were that about that long time-wise (Pompeii) and thought it was very doable so if you are willing to go the distance, you should be able to do it in a long day. If you decide to go and want to spend the night in Maranello, I can recommend Hotel Planet. It is in walking distance of the museum and was reasonably priced when we stayed there in 2008.

Posted by
21 posts

My husband and I did go to the Ferrari Museum in 2008. He is a big F1 and Ferrari fan, so he loved it! I also enjoyed it... seeing the car Michael Schumacher drove was amazing. We were staying in Bologna and took a day trip to the Museum in Maranello. We did need to take a train and a bus, but that in itself was a great experience. We didn't take a tour of the museum, just walked right in.

Posted by
60 posts

Thank you so much for all your advice on Ferrari Museum! I didn't know it was a three hour trip, so we will take hotel accomodation into consideration! Thanks again!
Joan