Please sign in to post.

Ferrari Miglia 1000 Race

It looks like we may be driving on the route of this race on Saturday, May 8 (between Modena and Brescia). Is this a good thing (in order to stop by the side of the road and watch the cars)? Are roads closed? We'd love to see the cars that are in this race, and it looks like this is the only way we would see them. Have others done this and just watched them on their route? Also, does anyone know a map of their route for this year? Thanks!

Posted by
274 posts

okay, okay .... did I note a bit of sarcasm? : )
I had looked about a month ago at their site and couldn't find a map or schedule. Yes, you're right. Now there is one (or else I was blind before!) It actually looks like we might be able to see the race from the autostrada north of Florence. I believe they'll be on SP8. Any experience with being a spectator along the way?

Posted by
1201 posts

the route map is interactive. If you use the drop down menu above the map to select a location, it will give you the route and the approximate time of the first car arrival. Sometimes there is a pdf map of the route there as well.

Looks like they'll hit Florence around 14:45 and arrive in Brescia around 22:30. They are supposed to stop for lunch in Buonconvento which is south of Siena around 11:44

Remember that there is also a group of about 130 vintage Ferraris that will precede the race by about 30 minutes.