Please sign in to post.

FCO to Rome transportation

What is the quickest way to get from FCO to Rome's Termini station mid morning??

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks Ken, we are connecting to the train to Venice which I am told will be on the lower numbered tracks 1-7. If the plane arrives on time we have just shy of 3 hours to clear customs/immigration and get to Termini. There are four of us with no checked bags so I am pretty optimistic we should be able to make it. Agian thanks for the response.

Posted by
32303 posts

Bill, The traffic could be a bit "thick" in mid-morning, so my preference would be the Leonardo Express, which travels non-stop from the airport to Roma Termini. The trip is about 35 minutes, and there are departures twice per hour. Where are you going once you reach Termini? Be sure to allow about 10 minutes to walk from Track 24 (where the LE arrives) to the front of the station. I know how long that takes, as I "timed" the walk last year. Happy travels!

Posted by
6 posts

Bill, take Ken's advice. The Leonardo Express is probably the best way so you won't have to worry about traffic, and there is a lot of it. It does take between 30-35 minutes. We just got back and only had carry on. Going through customs was a breeze.....they didn't even check my passport...apparently they profile :)