Please sign in to post.

Europcar

Just booked with Europcar. Any opinions out there? We are picking up at Venice airport and dropping off at Florence airport. Rate of 225 with no deductible for five days. Booked through Auto Europe. Thanks in advance

Posted by
600 posts

We used them 4 years ago when picking up a car in Prague. They were ok. No problems.

Posted by
328 posts

We have rented through Auto Europe 3 times now (France and Spain) and each time we picked up our car @ Europcar. We have never had a problem. Check in is fairly easy, but do your homework, come prepared and know what you are signing. We are renting with them again (in Italy) this summer. We will be using Euopcar once again. We rented for 12 days, no deductible for $304. Keep and eye on Auto Europe's prices. If they fall, they will credit you the difference.

Posted by
3941 posts

Used AutoEurope twice in France and the rental co was Europcar - the only thing I can say - if you have any issues with damage, contact AutoEurope.

Backstory - we damaged the car in France, used our Amex to rent so had coverage, but in trying to contact Europcar to get a breakdown of the damages to forward to Amex, I had no luck...finally contacted AutoEurope and had the info within 48 hrs. (I do think insurance coverage is diff in Italy, but for anyone else wondering about using AE/Europcar).

Europcar never tried to upsell us on insurance or anything, so we were pleased overall with them.

Posted by
3607 posts

Here's another "no problems" with many experiences. The only caveat that I would throw in is that, I believe, car rental agencies may be locally owned. If that's the case, you should try to find references from people who have used them in Italy.

Posted by
3180 posts

Check AutoEurope 's rates periodically. They adjust them based on supply and demand. Last fall I rented a car in Sardinia (also with Europecar) with non deductible CDW for 10 days at $365. My original contract was $476. Either set up a new rental and cancel the old one or call them on their toll free number to avail yourself of the price change. I now use AutoEurope exclusively for European rentals. I've had vehicles from Europcar on several occasions and have been happy with the car and their service. Be careful when you return your car - if you are late, they'll charge you for another full day's rental.

Posted by
15269 posts

I rent from Europcar nearly every year (generally through consolidators like AutoEurope). It's the largest international operator in Italy (it is a French based multinational). Never had big problems. Only once they didn't have the car size I had paid for, so I had to drive to Venice on a smaller car and exchanged it then.