Please sign in to post.

Entertainment

Looking for concerts, opera's, and any good form of entertainment for following areas.
May 28 to June 1 around Torino
June 2 to June 6 Florence
June 7 to June 9 Lake Como area

I have been searching Web but with little success, probably my internet IQ.
So would appreciate any suggestions you might have

Thanks
Doug

Posted by
23343 posts

You need to improve your IQ. Go to goggle or any other search engine and plug in the name of the town. I have not found a town that does not have a web site - majority of the time with an English option. Somewhere on that site will list entertainment/festival schedules. However, our limited experience is that the entertainment doesn't really kick in still later summer, early Fall - Sept and Oct. Pass the heat and tourists. You are looking at some very narrow dates early in the season so may just have to be lucky to find something.

Posted by
743 posts

Well, in Lucca, which is near Florence, there are nightly concerts.... http://www.puccinielasualucca.com/EN/events.asp?MYDATE=6

not sure of other places.....but in most areas where there are people taking their evening stroll there are interesting things to enjoy, not really scheduled entertainment, but you might stumble upon bands or shows out and about....

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks For the info, I am still chuckling on agreement with Internet IQ. I would agree but even with goggle search it's tough on old duffers to translate the techies to geezer talk.

Thanks
Doug

Posted by
501 posts

The Maggio Musicale Fiorentino is happening in Florence during your visit.
http://www.operadifirenze.it/calendario/2015/06/

Turn of the Screw is an excellent opera. Not crowd-pleasing fare, but quite interesting. I don't know your taste.
but Top recommendation would be the "Canto/Ballo" program on June 6 -- a mixed program of Monteverdi and Peri and other seminal early baroque music, in the cradle of the Italian renaissance! What could be better?

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks J sounds like sweetness to my soul.