Please sign in to post.

electrical converter

is ricks converter good for all of italy?

Posted by
32222 posts


Could you clarify what you're referring to as a "Rick's Converter"? Is this a "Voltage Converter" that reduces the 220 VAC Euro voltage to 115 VAC for North American appliances, or is this a "Plug Adapter"?

You might not need a Voltage Converter? This will depend on which appliances you'll be needing this for. You need to check the "Nameplate" on EACH electrical device you plan on using in Europe, to determine what "Input Voltage" this is designed for. If the label states "100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz" then you will only need Plug Adapters.

However, if the label states "115 VAC, 60 Hz" then you will need a Voltage Converter. There are two different types of Converters, so it's important to know which electrical devices you'll be using this with.

If you could provide some further details on your situation, it would sure help!


Posted by
23343 posts

The better question is do you need a converter or just an adaptor? RS's converter would work in all of Italy.