Please sign in to post.

Easy Jet

I am trying to book a flight from Venice (Marco Polo) to Budapest for next June. I cannot go beyond March. Is this because they only open bookings 6 months out?? Any input would be appreciated.

Posted by
8889 posts

Correct, they only publish times and accept booking 6 months in advance.
Most airlines will not yet even have decided what routes to fly next summer, let alone open bookings.

Even railways, who use fixed infrastructure and thus change routes less often, have only published times up to the annual timetable change in December. Times after that will only be available from October or November.

Posted by
631 posts

easyjet don't have rolling deadlines, they tend to open entire seasons as the slots are confirmed. In fact the Venice-Budapest route is only taking bookings unti the end of October which suggests there won't be a winter service, other routes are going up to March.

Posted by
665 posts

Steve- should I be looking in October and November to see if they are posting flights for next June or wait until Feb/March?

Posted by
32325 posts

Shelley,

I'd suggest waiting a few months and then checking the flight availability. You may have to wait until about December before any information shows up for next June.

Posted by
665 posts

Thanks Ken good to hear from you again. I guess I better not be too anxious and wait.

Posted by
631 posts

you could try registering an account

https://www.easyjet.com/en/Register

they usually remember to send emails when new schedules are released. Although you may get a lot for routes that are of no interest. You'll have to set the account up to buy a ticket so you may as well do it early.

Posted by
32325 posts

Shelley,

One other point to mention. If you'll be travelling with a smartphone, easyJet has an App. I've found that quite useful on several occasions.