Please sign in to post.

Easter Week in Italy 2011

My honeymoon to Italy was cancelled last year due to the Icelandic Volcano. We've since rescheduled for this April and it will be our first time visiting Europe. We did not realize that Easter was so late this year and we'll be in either Florence or Rome on Easter/Easter Monday. I'm so upset! I'm about to cancel our honeymoon (again). Of what I've read, everything closes down and all of Italy has vacation (crowds!). I am also Jewish and am having a hell of a time finding any information on Passover Seders in Venice. Could you please explain what it is REALLY like during Easter week? We'll be in Venice from April 18-20th (Passover) Florence April 20- ?? Our B&B said they won't do check-out on the 24th (Easter). So we may stay until Easter Monday, the 25th. Rome April 25th- 28th I also wanted to do a day trip from Rome to Pompeii on the 26th or 27th Suggestions on what to do for Passover? Will museums be open? Will it be insanely crowded in both Florence and Rome? The 26th is my husbands birthday; will there be mobs of people & difficulty getting places/eating?
Is Pompeii open Easter week? Thank you so much! I'm panicking...

Posted by
34 posts

Go to Jewishvenice.org it is full of info for all of Italy, not just Venice. And remember that Chabad is everywhere.

Posted by
9 posts

Yes, thank you! I emailed them and they basically said "we'll get back to you". Chabad didn't reply to my inquiries.