Please sign in to post.

Early flight from FCO?

I depart from FCO to Paris at 6:30 AM on Friday via Delta. How early should I arrive at the airport? I know 3 hours is recommended but will the bag drop counter even be open at 3:30 AM?

Posted by
23265 posts

First, at 6.30am it is not an international flight home -- that generally requires the three hour checkin. Since it is just to Paris, it is a domestic flight. In that case 5 to 5.30 is fine. Regular checkin and security for your flight.

Posted by
11294 posts

Frank is right. Three hours is recommended for "international," and is really highly recommended for intercontinental (i.e, to the US nonstop from Rome). This particular flight, however, is from a Schengen country to a Schengen country, so no immigration check, and from an EU country to an EU country, so no customs check. Therefore, it is like a domestic flight, and arriving 90 minutes before (so, 5 AM) is more appropriate.

As you say, it's not likely anything at the airport will be open at 3:30 AM!

Note that Delta will not be operating your flight. Looking at the Fiumicino website, it seems it will be Air France, out of Terminal 1, to Paris CDG airport (both Rome and Paris have multiple airports).

Posted by
470 posts

Thanks for asking this question and thanks for the info on this as KLM just changed my flight from 10:20 to 6:30 out of FCO to Amsterdam. Not happy about the early hour but I will get home a lot sooner. Glad I won't have to be at the airport until 5:00 am.