Please sign in to post.

Dress code

Several friends have told us that the people (women) are all well dressed in public and I wonder what is nice fall dress for a tourist...no white shoes of course :) I believe there is a lot of black and grey but I am not sure I want to pack a dress. Any suggestions? I just saw the article below about the jeans.

Posted by
21 posts

As a tourist, no one expects you to be wearing a dress and heels, but I find that taking a pair of black pants and a black skirt (more versatile than a dress) go a long way towards "fitting in." Having a 3rd piece of clothing tends to pull an outfit together, too, so having a cardigan or scarf that you can throw on with your basics is smart (and helps with cooler weather and/or church modesty rules too). Most importantly, wear what you'll be comfortable in!

Posted by
1829 posts

Jeans, heeled boots (don't know how they cope with the road surfaces!) and leather jacket - very popular.

Posted by
927 posts

It is funny that the stiletto heal came out of Italy. Totally doesn't work on anything they walk on in that country. Near Naples the Wife and I saw some women all done up in that citie's style. My God they looked weird and almost comic with all the metallic gold accessories, overblown make up, crazy heals and way too tight pants..and had Prada purses. But it is a different country and has a different culture. So I guess they thought they were being attractive. It was a fashion shock. It's like Texas.

Posted by
11 posts

Thank you guys. Along with the jeans article I am glad I checked. I am amazed at how current and how fast this helpline is.