Please sign in to post.

Domus Aurea tickets

Does anyone know the schedule the Domus Aurea official site (https://colosseo.it/en/) follows for releasing tickets? I’m interested in Sept. 6 - 9.

Posted by
1250 posts

As far as I can tell when I bought mine for last June there is no official schedule. They could release them a month out, or 2 weeks out. There really is no schedule. It's Italy:) Just check every day.

Posted by
11634 posts

Same experience here. I don't need them until late October but I keep checking! A Roman tour guide friend of mine said they can be a little unpredictable...

Posted by
2982 posts

I’ve been following the tour tickets for several months. Tickets are released weekly, so four weekends are available at any one time. I need Sept 22 tickets so they should be available on or near Aug 21.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you. All replies have been helpful. I'll keep checking.

Posted by
629 posts

They seem to be going on sale one day at a time, 30 days prior. However, I tried to buy tickets for October 6 (Sunday) today and they weren't on sale. The ones for the 5th went on sale yesterday. Then I noticed no tickets were offered for the first Sunday in September so I concluded that it's not open on First Sundays and I bought Saturday tickets.