Please sign in to post.

dolomites in October

Is it too late weather-wise for the Dolomites in October? We have the first two weeks of October for vacation. We do prefer milder weather for outdoor activity. My sweet spot for hiking and biking is sunny 55-60 degrees F. I know weather can be unpredictable but has anyone experienced the Dolomites at this time of the year?

Posted by
134 posts

Thank you Greg,

We've decided to save the Dolomites for another time and go to southern Italy in October.

Posted by
383 posts

I am planning to spend a few days in the Dolomites in the first week of October. I am relieved to hear greg's experience and welcome any others.

Posted by
134 posts

Please do post how it works out for you.Sending positives and good weather karma

Posted by
110 posts

CD in DC, my partner and I were in the Dolomites for the 2nd week of October last year, and we had spectacular weather. While some gondolas and lifts do close for the season by early October, it didn't get in our way at all. We were told there are far less people on the trail at that time of year, which was wonderful -- it didn't feel crowded at all.

Posted by
649 posts

Last year I spent the first two weeks of November in the Dolomites. The weather was spectacular. It did snow on two of the days during the second week. The sun easily melted the snow on roadways. The snow capped mountains were quite picturesque.

Posted by
1103 posts

I have been as late as October 16th in the Dolomites and we couldn’t have asked for better weather. Sunny and crisp and perfect for hiking. I would only caution to look at the lift schedules if you are wanting to take them up to hiking paths, as many of them close for the season at various times in October.