Please sign in to post.

Dolomites 2013

A group of friends, 3-4 couples, will be spending part of our 2013 trip to Italy in the Dolomites. We were hoping to find a short-term vacation rental with amenities similar to those that could be found at vacation homes in Tuscany or France; i.e. separate bedrooms, equipped kitchen, garden or outside area. The only possibilities I've found have been apartments. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by
20085 posts

Don't know where to look as far a agencies, but I know there are lots of chalet style cabins in the mountains. Try Homeaway and search Dolomites, 4 bedrooms.

Posted by
12040 posts

My wife and I rented a chalet in Val di Rabbi (not in the Dolomites, but another region of the Italian Alps) through this company: http://www.belvilla.com/ The chalet we rented had all of what you requested, although it was kind of small and the kitchen was rather primitive. There were enough beds to sleep 8, but it would have been much too cramped for 8 people to comfortably move about for a week. No problems for only the two of us and our dog, though. We paid €580 for the week. I would expect to pay significantly more for a better kitchen and a little more personal space.

Posted by
16252 posts

If you want to be right IN the Dolomites, you might have better luck finding 2 2-bar. Apartments in the same chalet building. Make a look at Chalet La Flu, in Corvara, for example. Www.laflu.info/