Please sign in to post.

Difficulty booking Frecciarossa trains in August 2024

I am trying to book a Frecciarossa high speed train between Roma Termini and Venezia S. Lucia on the 29th August 2024. I can get tickets from Venezia S. Lucia to FCO on 2nd September on Frecciarossa. There do not appear to be any tickets available between 10th August and 31st August. Does anybody know why? Tickets are available with Italo, but not Frecciarossa.

Posted by
2746 posts

They aren’t out yet. I’m taking ItaloTreno from Rome Termini to Venice S Lucia August 28. Their app shows no tickets yet. If my memory is right, tickets are available mid-June. Just keep checking. The other company to buy tickets from is TrenItalia. Use the websites or apps.

Posted by
475 posts

Correct ~ you can't buy tickets until about 2 months before travel date.

Posted by
3 posts

I can understand if tickets are not yet available, but what is confusing me is that I can see availability on the 2nd September for Venice to Rome, but not from Rome to Venice on 29th August.

Posted by
3 posts

Ahh well, I have given up on Frecciarossa for my trip from Rome to Venice, I have booked Italo for that leg with no issues. I booked with Frecciarossa for the return leg to FCO without any problem.