Please sign in to post.

Delta airfare drop

sure most everyone knows at this point but if not check your Delta flights. Our flight has dropped to $527. Delta will credit the difference, even if you have a basic ticket. This happened last month and then went back up, now it has dropped again.

Posted by
7049 posts

It's not just Delta. One should do this with any airline that will credit the difference. But the credit doesn't save you money since you still have to use it in the future; it just makes the current flight less expensive so the leftover $ is available as a "down payment" of sorts for another flight. Keeping track of the credits is a pain - if you don't use, you lose - eventually.

Posted by
328 posts

Yes Agnes this is true about the future credit and also it must be used by Dec of 22. I'm very greatful for our $390 credit per person since we had the basic ticket. When purchased it was stipulated that this was non changeable or refundable. Credit is fine with us, we can't stay away from Italy and now are in the process of planning our next trip.

Posted by
945 posts

Jo what dates are Delta tickets for? I’m not seeing a price drop.

Posted by
328 posts

My dates are Sept 19 - Oct 19 from charlotte NC to Venice.....return flight from Rome to Charlotte.

Posted by
5508 posts

Thanks! We have a flight during the same time period. What's the easiest way to accomplish the credit?

Posted by
5508 posts

Haha, just checked the flights I booked a couple days ago looking for the fare drop. The flight I got for just under $900, is $1920! So I sure don't need to figure out how to get a credit for the difference!

Posted by
1369 posts

Thanks to this post, I just booked us for Minneapolis to Rome for under $800 each --- could have done even better if we were willing to spend many hours at JFK or Paris airport, or have awkward departure times, or fly Basic. November and December. Umbria, then a few days in Rome. This is the trip we had all planned for November 2020. Hope this one works out!

Posted by
328 posts

Nancy, I'm so glad my post helped even one person. I've found so much great advice in the past on this forum, its my go to place for every trip

Posted by
68 posts

Hello Jo,

Fellow North Carolinian here!

We’re also planning a flight from Charlotte. Leaving 9/15 for Rome on Delta.

** How do you go about getting the credit? We booked through Expedia. Hubby just checked and ours has dropped $160 which is awesome. Any money saved or credited for future flight is a win in my book..

Hoping your trip(and ours) is fantastic..😊
Thanks,
Suzette

Posted by
1045 posts

I'm watching fares from Philadelphia to Rome for November. Google flights just told me my Premium Economy just jumped from $1100 to $8200 on American. Don't think I'll buy the ticket yet. Duh!

Posted by
328 posts

Would it be possible to fly out of PHL? I put in Nov 3 - 24...price was $500 something I don't know the distance but it might be worth.

Posted by
1045 posts

Jo - Philly is quite a distance from you. American, at least, has nonstop flights to Rome from Charlotte. I'm thinking that would be the most convenient airport for you.

Posted by
328 posts

Too funny, My mistake I thought you were looking for the ticket out of PHL in which case I just seen it on skycanner. I didn't know your exact dates but I put in Nov3 -24 round trip to Rome, it came in under $600. I'm happy to say we are all set with our flight out of Charlotte.

Posted by
1045 posts

Jo- good to have a laugh! We're flying out early Thanksgiving week and plan to be in Italy for a month or more. I'm used to being there during the summer months - I'm an opera singer - so this will be my first 'vacation' visit in many years. Christmas in Rome, New Years in Venice. Have a great trip. You can always find me sitting on the church steps by the Bernini fountain at Piazza Navona.

Posted by
328 posts

Robert, Do you happen to stay in the Prati area of Rome? We stayed in Prati June of 2019 and while there our son (age 50) met a group of people at a cafe downstairs from our apt....one being an opera singer, maybe it was you??? Infact the singer was possibly going to play Pavarotti in a movie. Who knows, small world!

Posted by
1045 posts

Jo - no,not me. I try always to stay in the Piazza Navona area. It puts me within a healthy walking distance to everything I want to see and do. With gelato in hand (and mouth), I make my last stop every night at the fountain. After my morning cappuccino, it's where I start my day. Truly dolce far niente. Movie about Pavarotti? Haven't heard about it. Could be interesting.