Please sign in to post.

Day trip from Florence

I'll be on RS 10 day tour through Venice, Florence and Rome. When in Florence, I'd like to take a day trip from Florence. Would anyone have a suggestion? I've been to Assissi already. Was thinking of Lucca. Has anyone been there?

Posted by
1589 posts

Siena #1, if you haven't been there. Lucca is also fine.We have spent a day there on several trips and found it to be charming. The elevated wall walk is fun. Good food abounds.

Posted by
359 posts

Lucca is very charming. If you haven't been to Pisa it's a quick stop on the way to Lucca.

Posted by
361 posts

Hi Suzanne, Have you checked where your tour lunch stops will be? You might want to find out before you make your extra plans. You never know where your tour will take you. We had lunch in Lucca on our RS17 Day Italy tour, but I suspect it's out of the way for your tour. We really liked both Siena and Lucca but thought Siena had more interesting sights to see. Ciao, Sherry

Posted by
16 posts

Lucca is charming and not too far from Florence. Cortona and Arezzo both are worth a visit though this may be a little further to travel and more complex organizing. Many people take a break from the town and city visits to spend a day in the Tuscan countryside. Several companies can take you out from Florence, like the Slow day in Tuscany tour or other vineyards tours.
If you definitely want to visit another town I would say Lucca would be the easiest and most pleasant pick of the bunch.