Please sign in to post.

Day trip from Florence

I'll be in Florence in late November and would like to find a day trip to Siena and San Gimigagnano. Anyone know where I can book one? Thanks

Posted by
1880 posts

Just take a bus to either location...it's easy. the bus station is just behind the main train station in Florence.

Trip to Siena is about an hour and the bus drops you off right outside the main piazza, don't take the train...it's too far out of town and you'll need a cab, waste of time and money.

For SG...or Siena, if you are looking for a tour...with a guide. just stop in any tourist agency you find in Florence, they can book one for you.

Posted by
6898 posts

Grayline in Florence is run by CAF Tours and has exactly this tour. You depart across from the main Florence train station near the Grand Hotel Baglioni and go first to San Gimignano for about 1 hour and then to Siena for about 4 hours. The time in Siena includes a guided tour. Cost is 52 Euro per person. My wife and I took this trip and it was very nice. Look up www.caftours.com and select Excursions. If you want great directions to the CAF Tours ticket office, send a request and I'll get them to you.