Please sign in to post.

cultural week italy 2011

Hi! We will also be in Rome during cultural week. I understand that though Galleria Borghese is free, we are still required to register to get in. I tried doing so online, but the cultural week dates ( april 9 to 17) were not in the choice. How do we go about making a reservation during that week? Would truly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
4152 posts

You can try calling them. They may not be taking online reservations for that week since entry is free but you must still make a reservation. Looks like the only way to do it is with a phone call. You can email your hotel to see if they will set it up for you if you don't want to make an international call. Donna

Posted by
23 posts

We were in Rome for last year's cultural week and did enjoy some discounts. We made our reservation for the Borghese by phone in Rome and it was very easy. I just followed the instructions in the RS Rome book... (Not all sites are free, but they may have a discount) I did notice that other sites in Florence were blocked for the cultural week for reservations this year... Don't know what this means, but the Cultural Week is for the Italian people in particular - not just for tourists. It is a time for them to visit and celebrate their cultural heritage. More to be revealed later...