Please sign in to post.

Covid testing

from a friend "Hello from Italy! Just a quick note about Covid testing for re-entry to the US.
We just started looking into it yesterday and realized we should have done this well before now.
It may be different if you are in a big city but our experience has been that all online testing is sold out and pharmacies only do it by reservation. Those too are all booked. It seems travelers are making their arrangements long before they actually travel and we haven’t seen any pharmacies where you can just walk-in without an appt. " Any experience with Covid testing in Naples or Venice?

Posted by
5953 posts

Where have you looked?
Our hotel in Rome has just confirmed testing available without appointment at a nearby pharmacy (Trastevere)

We arrive there on Tuesday so I’ll update after reconfirming

Posted by
311 posts

There may be a red cross in san marco. address VENEZIA - Piazza San Marco (San Marco 53/E - Venezia). They may take walk ins

Posted by
5953 posts

Just wanted to update
The pharmacy that our hotel recommended in Trastevere is still doing testing, no appointment needed
It’s the one right in the SMaria piazza
Rellicati

Posted by
18 posts

We will be ending our Italy trip in Treviso followed by our final night very close to Marco Polo airport. Any current travelers with experience for pharmacy testing in these locales? I was planning to NOT do it over the Internet and just go the local pharmacy route. Thanks!

Posted by
90 posts

Just wanted to update The pharmacy that our hotel recommended in
Trastevere is still doing testing, no appointment needed It’s the one
right in the SMaria piazza Relencati

Thanks ChristineH! I made a note of this, because we'll be staying in Trastevere in July. The Pharmacy is Farmacia Santa Maria In Trastevere - Dottor Fabrizio RELLECATI.

Posted by
107 posts

We got tests this morning in Rome without an appointment. It was a pharmacy on Via Nazionale - maybe a five or six minute walk from the Repubblica metro station.