Please sign in to post.

Cost of RS Tours in 2022

I am wondering if the cost of Rick Steves tours in 2022 will be the same cost as posted in the 2021 tour catalog, and when will the 2022 catalog be available to download from the RS website?

Posted by
2473 posts

Actually Rick said this past Monday night on his weekly Monday Night Travel the 2022 tours will be posted in the last 2 weeks in May. Keep checking the website. In past years he posts tours early so keep looking.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see some tours next Monday! I’m so excited at the thought of traveling again.

Posted by
8473 posts

Jan & Stan, just guessing, but there is no information available in prices as I imagine they have to work out a lot of details. One can't assume that all tourism infrastructure survives intact. There may not be a 2022 catalog since they would have to have all the information ready a long time ahead of publishing them. Nothing is business as usual. From his statements nfo and tour availability in general will likely just trickle out over a period of time.

Posted by
6113 posts

Sorry, I have no information about the tours, but in the U.K., there is significant inflation in accommodation prices, fuel and some foodstuffs, so unless profit margins will be squeezed, prices will rise.

Posted by
11199 posts

And as far as the UK is concerned, the exchange rate has moved to make the pound more expensive.

So seeing some increase would not be surprising and would be reflective of the economic reality

Posted by
4127 posts

I'm wondering if his decision to drop capacity from 28 too 24 will mean a cost increase.

Posted by
4428 posts

figure out the current rate of inflation, up it a best, add it to the current cost