Please sign in to post.

Cortina

I visited Ortisei this past June for 3 nights and absolutely loved it, so much so, that I want to return for longer stay in the future. For now, I'm planning to return to Venice for a longer stay as I loved that as well and have found a very inexpensive place to stay for a long stay! I plan to venture from there to surrounding areas and am looking at visiting Cortina as it's closer than Ortisei and seems to be easier to get to considering that I will not have a car and do not want to rent one traveling solo. As anyone been to Cortina in the past year and if so, can you give me recommendations of what I could do during my short stay (just 3 nights)...will I be able to access trails from in town where I am staying; how about a cable car to take me up in the mountains?

Thanks for any help! Sandy

Posted by
133 posts

We were in Cortina this past August.

A great central spot. From here we were able to do some amazing but easy hiking trails using cable cars and of course incredible mountain vistas near:

Tofana 15 min
Monte Cristallo 20 min
Tre Cime - 45 min
Rufigio Lagazoui - 30 min ( highlight of our trip)

A car is very helpful. We rented one at venice airport and took us 2 hrs to drive to cortina. easy drive. not much traffic at all.