Please sign in to post.

cooking schools in tuscany

can anyone recommend a 2-3 day cooking school in Tuscany?

Posted by
466 posts

Can't really recommend one but I did have a friend who paid nearly $500.oo for a 1 day class. I do know it's very expensive

Posted by
1358 posts

My friend paid $500 for a three-day cooking school in Tuscany several years ago. She was pleased. I prefer to take my lessons here at home for less money.

If you must go abroad to learn how, google search for 'Tuscany cooking schools'. You will find lots of them listed. You can search the same for 'Italian cooking schools'.

Posted by
6 posts

There are a few Tuscan villas that I ran across when I was planning that portion of our trip - that offers cooking classes while you stay there. Im not sure how indepth you wanted to go, but it might be a cheaper option.

Posted by
1158 posts

I would never spend money on such thing.
A book is as good as a course. Or free recipes on line.

Posted by
118 posts

For several years my wife and I have traveled to Europe for six to eight weeks each fall. In our time there we work in a Rick Steves tour and a cooking school. We have taken classes that are one or two days long and as long as a week. Cooking schools that we have experienced have been a great way to learn about the culture of an area. Usually you visit markets to by the food, wineries to buy the wine to go with the meal and visit local cheese factories and more. They have all been lots of fun and educational. The other members of the group are usually a joy to be with while in the class. Part of the fun is searching for the cooking school that fits your budget and is the right length of time for your trip. Along with the great experience of the school, you can share a first hand cooking experience with friends and family when you get home. Cooking schools in Europe are a fantastic way to create memories that you will use long after the trip is over. Just google cooking schools, Tuscany.

Posted by
6 posts

I went to a one day school with the Accidental Tourist. It was casual and so fun. We made pasta, toured a vineyard in Chianti, sampled vino and olive oil and had a balst. www.accidentaltourist.com