Please sign in to post.

Cooking Schools

My wife and I will be in Italy early November. We will be there 17 days. We would like to do a one day cooking class/dinner. Any suggestion?

Posted by
6898 posts

Any particular place in Italy? There are cooking schools in a lot of places.

Posted by
6 posts

We were thinking the Tuscany Region but are open to suggestions. We are planning on visiting Venice, Rome, CT, Tuscany Area and Naples/Sorrento

Posted by
52 posts

Michael - the link you posted doesn't work. Italy is famous for its regional cuisines and so most of the places on your itinerary will have some sort of cooking class. Bear in mind that the recipes in each region will differ and therefore so will what you learn. Tuscan cuisine is renowned for its simplicity and focus on local fresh ingredients. If you happen to decide on a cooking school during this leg of your trip take a look at 'Cook Eat Italian'. The classes are reasonably priced and conveniently located in central Florence. Rome and it's environs aren't quite so well know for cuisine, however there are bound to be courses to suit your level of expertise.

Posted by
7737 posts

Ron in Rome covers this well here: Cooking classes in Rome. We did the one with Chef Andrea Consoli and really enjoyed it. )Don't be put off by that ENORMOUS headshot on Ron's page.) :-) Photos of our Cooking class with Chef Andrea here.

Posted by
396 posts

I went to a wonderful school in Lucca last year and am going back this year. If you want the info, send me a private message.