Please sign in to post.

Cooking Classes in Italy

Does anyone have recommendations for good cooking classes in Italy? I am going May/June and will be in Florence, Siena, Venice, Rome, as well as the Amalfi coast so anything in one or more of those areas. I saw some recommendations from over three years ago and am wondering if anyone has taken classes in the last year or two. Thank you!

Posted by
2295 posts

hey hey sastains
eatwith.com
put in the cities that interest you
cookly.me
same thing put in cities you want
withlocals.com
city you want, on the filter button click cooking classes
good luck and aloha

Posted by
3948 posts

In 2019 our granddaughters took cooking classes in Florence with MaMa Florence and loved them. We still get emails from them. In Rome they took classes from 2 different cooking schools and there was a 3rd that was a strong contender. All three were in the Trastevere neighborhood. The most responsive one that is still doing classes is Grano & Farina.

Posted by
288 posts

Check out mama isa... Padua.
25 min train ride from Venice..she has a nice web site and I was solo and had a great time.
Then walked to city center for markets..etc..and took the train back.
Mamaisa.com

Posted by
288 posts

Isacookinpadua.com

Sorry..above post of mine is incorrect.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you, guys! Linda, what do you mean your post is incorrect? I take it the second website is the good one?

Posted by
10 posts

Princess Pupule, thank you for those websites! I wish I had known about those when I was in SE Asia years ago :) I took some decent classes in Chiang Mai but this opens up a whole lot of resources. You rock :)

Posted by
2295 posts

hey hey sastains
you are so welcome.
traveling with friends it was my "job" to research and investigate, run it by them and book when approved.
always looking for something different.
cucina-italiana.com
paolo monti is located in lucca and does several 4 hour classes and also has accomodations at the "house"
esperidi.com cooking school
chefcarmensorrento.com
extravirginlucca.com
aloha

Posted by
556 posts

Convivio Rome, they offer personalized classes in a Sabine Hills setting just an hour train ride north of Rome. I took an in-person class in September and have also participated in their virtual classes. Guido and Sally are delightful people (he's Roman and she is Australian) who will share their knowledge of Italian food culture and history as well as teach you to cook, in a beautiful setting high in the hills.
Cynthia

Posted by
1 posts

I bought my wife and daughter a session with Daniela del Balzo's Cooking School in Rome. They had a wonderful time. Met in the morning, shopped for locally sourced product, and then went back to her kitchen to cook. She lives very near the Roman Forum. Highly-recommended.

http://www.danielascookingschool.com/

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions. I will report back!