Please sign in to post.

Cooking classes in Italy

Has anyone taken a cooking class in Italy? We are all novices but would love to learn some basic home Italian cooking techniques and ingredients with fun and friendly folks. We will be in several locations in Italy next May 2023.
Thanks so much

Posted by
470 posts

We had a great cooking & olive oil tasting class while on a RS tour with Local Aromas in Rome. We enjoyed it so much doing a food tour with them next week. Also had a fun class with Sandra at Eatwith.

Posted by
7343 posts

I’ve taken a cooking class with Extra Virgin in Lucca. The food was excellent. The participants helped, but it was definitely led & closely monitored by the chef, Giuseppe Mazzocchi. Here’s his site:

https://www.extravirginlucca.com

My husband & I took a cooking class with Chef Andrea in Rome with this one. It was all hands-on, except the chef had prepared the dessert ahead of time. Everything was delicious, and this is where we learned so much about what is and isn’t authentic Italian food.

https://cookingclassesinrome.com

Posted by
7343 posts

Two more:

My adult daughter & I just took this pasta class in Florence in last month. We had Chef Marco. I have made the different pasta several times this month. In fact, we just celebrated three family birthdays in October tonight at our home, and I served three of the dishes. Everyone LOVED them!

https://www.pastaclassflorence.com/

In 2018, I took a class with Veronality in Verona. Now it’s at this site. The chef prepared simpler meals, and I enjoyed her stories of living in Verona as a chef.

https://waystours.com/experience/risotto-cooking-class-verona/

Posted by
2304 posts

hey hey dalebertelson
check out eatwith.com
type in your city and what's available. some are in a residents home with other people to have a good night with all
cookly.me
click in city, and what's available to you and the gang
chefcarmensorrento.com
couple classes she offers
cucina-italiana.com
chef paolo monti offers half day classes in lucca. his place also has accomodations to stay at. look at his half day classes and if anyone suits your fancy
toscanamia.net
cooking classes in chianti or florence
travelingspoon.com
pick where you want and see what's there
poggio-etrusco.com
staying in a BNB in tuscany near montepulciano with classes offered
rimessa roscioli rome
cooking class and food tour
amalfilemonexperience.com
acasa5terre.it
check out the cooking classes
airbnb.com/ experiences in italy
look at the many eperiences they have within italy. do not have to stay in airbnb
aloha

Posted by
372 posts

If you will be in Orvieto, check out Chef Lorenzo's class at restaurant Zeppelin. It was one of the most rewarding activities I've done in Europe. He's a real character, and the food and techniques were amazing.

Posted by
470 posts

Think the restaurant Zeppelin is permanently closed.

Posted by
471 posts

In Milan, we did a market tour and cooking class with Chef Aurora in Milan. Her daughter did the market tour which was informative and fun. Transporting ourselves to where the tour started and the coffeeshop we found pastries in before the tour was one of the best parts. The cooking portion was done in the mom's apartment. There was just the two of us of us and a family of four from Israel. We cooked some interesting dishes from the food we bought at the market. Overall, it was really fun. Aurora wasn't especially patient with the kids in the group and overall, I suspected that she would have preferred not to have a class that day. She was generous with the menu and we did more dishes than originally set. They did not eat with us but we had fun with the others. We looked at classes in a restaurant-y or professional kitchen venue but this was the timing and availability that worked for us.

Posted by
7482 posts

We’re flying home tomorrow from Italy, and took 4 classes this trip. That’s a wonderful experience! But you don’t have to just go to Italy, if online classes would work for you. I’ve been a member of Chicca’s Cooking Club since it started when the Pandemic began. Chicca is from Naples, but now lives in Tuscany, and does regular cooking classes from her kitchen. She provides a shopping list ahead of time, with suggestions for alternatives if you can’t find the exact ingredient in the USA that she normally uses in Italy. Her instruction, providing techniques, explanations of the differences between one ingredient and another, being able to ask questions real time, and having the class recorded for rewatching in the future, all make this a fantastic experience. She has knowledge and experience with dishes from throughout a Italy. She’s even doing a free Gnocchi class December 3. The Club does 6 recipes in a “semester,” then a new series opens up. The current semester ends in November, so the free class is a chance to see what it’s all about. You can also sign up for an “A La Carte” single class during the current semester.

Check out her Website: https://cookingintuscany.cc/club/