Please sign in to post.

Cooking Classes in Florence

Anyone done a cooking class in Florence will be traveling in Early March2017 and would appreciate recommendations.

Posted by
415 posts

I have 2 cooking classes and had one dinner catered by these two lovely women.

http://www.kitchencheznous.com/

They have both been trained and worked as professional chefs in restaurants and found that job incompatible with motherhood, so now they run cooking classes and catering. And, they are both really nice and informative.

We shopped in the market with them for both classes which was great education about selecting ingredients. The first time we had someone with many allergies, including to garlic, and they chose recipes from their heads on the spot as we shopped. (this was in2013) The catered dinner had a lot of picky eaters (there were 8 of us) and they came up with a really good menu everyone loved. Our second cooking class could have been anything, but we chose to recreate the dinner menu because we enjoyed the food so much. (2015). One person is a native Florentine whose family has been in Florence hundreds of years and the other comes from a more southern part of Italy. Their English is really good and understandable.

The best part of the classes is that I continue to use the techniques they taught us and have re-used their recipes over and over again. They've proven to be very useful.

I've done classes with 3 other companies and liked them all, but these were the best.