Please sign in to post.

Cooking Classes?

My husband and I are looking to take a cooking class while we are in Italy. We are staying in Venice, Florence, Siena, and Rome. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, fairly inexpensive, cooking class in any of these cities? Thanks!

Posted by
7569 posts

I arranged this one for my wife in Rome:.....http://www.cookingclassesinrome.com/ It is not badly priced, about the cost of a very nice meal, it is held in a nice restaurant, emphasis on local ingredients and handmade food, you make and eat an antipasti, a pasta, usually another dish, and a desert. Wine is optional. This was a 3-4 hour class, so it worked well with her schedule. The Chef lived in the US for a time and his girlfriend is American, so no issues with language. Since my wife was solo, he was able to find a group during the week to put her with (we were flexible on the date) and he was able to honor her request for non-meat dishes. Overall, she gives him a big recommendation.

Posted by
74 posts

Another vote for cookingclassesinrome.com - the chef was absolutely fantastic and it was a highlight of our April trip. We had a wonderful group - 8 people total including us. Preparing the food was fun, meeting new people was great, and once everything was prepared we were served the 4 course meal with wine pairings. It was wonderful. Also to note, we stayed at the Nicolas Inn near the Roman Forum and thought it was a wonderful walk over to Le Fate restaurant in the Trastevere neighborhood for the class.