Please sign in to post.

cooking classes

Has anyone taken cooking classes (1/2 day or several hours) that they would recommend while staying in Florence or that are offered near Florence?

Posted by
1322 posts

I also have been researching cooking classes for my trip to Italy 4/16-5/4 and found this one that I am interested in - I do not have any direct knowledge of the program however. The other classes I looked at were too expensive for my "taste." Pardon the pun.

For this webpage, look under Activities on the far left.

www.accidentaltourist.com

Posted by
35 posts

We were a small group of six and tried Accidenal Tourist a few years ago - it was cheap but definitely not worth it! Their idea of cooking was 20 people making pasta in the cellar of an old farmhouse (charming but crude and over crowded) instructed by a British man - not an authentic experience in the least. Then the pasta that we made was whisked away, cooked by the homeowner, added to the rest of the meal that she had already prepared and we all dined together at a cramped table in her kitchen. In addition, people who had taken other tours with Accidental Tourist on the same afternoon joined us for our meal making it even more crowded and taking away from our "cooking" experience as they all discussed their tour experiences. Two thumbs down!!