Please sign in to post.

Cooking classes

Looking for half to whole day cooking experience/class while in Florence and Tuscany in September

Posted by
1166 posts

Where will you be in Italy ???

Posted by
1166 posts

Try Florencetown.com

Posted by
9 posts

Just booked a full-day class that includes market tour, class, and 4 course meal and wine at a Tuscan Farmhouse. It got great reviews and should be just what I want.

Posted by
117 posts

I have done 3 cooking classes in Florence. My favourite was the full day wine tasting/cooking class from Accidental Tourist. They drive you out into the hills so if you haven't had the opportunity to be in the countryside this is a great chance. A close second was with Florencetown which includes a market portion as well as cooking. Least fave was In Tavola where people are separated into groups and not everyone has the opportunity to try every skill. What they all had in common was great eating!

Posted by
9 posts

I went with the Florencetown one. There were so many to choose from that after awhile I just had to choose one. You can continue to seek that perfect one experience but at some point have to give one a try. I am very optimistic after reading some of the reviews that it will be just what I want.

Posted by
3 posts

Try Manuela at Cook Eat Italian. She gives small group classes from her home in Florence or out in the countryside and is widely regarded to give the best hands-on cooking classes.
She sticks to a maximum of 6 students per class which is going to give you a much more personal experience than going with some of the bigger tour operators who have started to provide cooking classes over the last few years.

http://cookeatitalian.com