Please sign in to post.

Cooking classes

I am going to Florence/Tuscany in Sept and would like to take a cooking class. Any suggestions regarding whether to do it in Florence or one of the smaller towns in Tuscany? Any suggestions of specific classes to try and where. Thanks.

Posted by
372 posts

I had an AMAZING cooking class experience in Orvieto at Ristorante Zeppelin with chef Lorenzo. Info on the website, lots of reviews to be had on TA. Highly recommended. We met in the morning, walked to the market to buy ingredients, then back to the restaurant kitchen to cook. We sat down to eat our dishes around 3 pm, then we were done. Bonus - his students cleaned up! When you factor in that the cost covers lunch, several glasses of wine, and a days entertainment I found it to be great value, especially since I was still stuffed after lunch and didn't need dinner.

Posted by
27197 posts

I'm sorry I didn't know about that class when I was in Orvieto last year. I do want to say, though, that the city itself is very, very nice. Any excuse to go there is a good one!

Posted by
250 posts

Scheduled a cooking class in Lucca in June, will let you know if you are interested...

Posted by
332 posts

I will be in Italy next month and booked after looking at many reviews this cooking class in Bologna. My main hub is Reggio Emilia for 2 weeks . I am traveling by train and we are meeting at the market. Enjoy Italy ! http://www.cookitaly.com/

Posted by
22 posts

We will be in Lucca in May. Anyone know of a good cooking class? Love the description of the class in Orvieto but too far away.
We all love to cook so not newbies but would love to learn regional cooking especially if coupled with some good wines or a winery in area.
Victoria