Please sign in to post.

Cooking Classes

Any suggestions for a cooking class in the
Chianti Hills area?

Posted by
38 posts

Hi Lynn ~
Everyone raves about Accidental Tourist. I don't know where the class is held but they p/u in Florence. I'm taking a class at Volpaia this summer which is in the Chianti region. Also check out http://www.idyllicitaly.com/ I found a huge list of classes on that site.

Good luck!

Posted by
345 posts

I don't have a lot of perspective on cooking classes, but since you got so few responses...

I took a great cooking class at an Agriturismo in Panzano called Fagiolari. It was so much fun, but I bet they all are. To learn more about Fagiolari and Guilietta's cooking classes visit Tuscany.net. That's her only web presence.

The website looks too good to be true, so you can get some objective verification on tripadvisor.com. Lots of reports and traveler pictures of their classes. (But, mine is not one of them.. oops.) I found that Fagiolari is even more beautiful than represented on the website. Hard to believe, but true.

Personally, I wouldn't take the class unless I was staying there, but that seems to be a minority opinion because my husband and I were the only two people in our class who were staying at Fagiolari.

Posted by
1358 posts

A few years ago a family friend asked me to recommend an Italian cooking class in Tuscany. Since I knew nothing about cooking I did a google search for "Tuscany cooking classes" and she read about all of them and chose one which she liked a lot. You can do a similar search for Chianti Hills.