Please sign in to post.

Cooking Class in Tuscany

Where would I go to look up cooking classes in Tuscany? I know about tripadvisor but would like to do a deep dive to find the best value.

Posted by
7280 posts

Here’s an excerpt from my last trip report. I’ve taken several cooking classes in Italy, and this one was excellent. I’ve made a lot of great pasta at home since taking the class last September. You can find it here: https://www.pastaclassflorence.com

“ Two other activities that we definitely recommend were a city bike tour with “I Bike Florence – Original City Bike Tour” and a cooking class, “Pasta Class Florence, The Art of Pasta – Authentic Recipes”. I have been to Florence a couple of times. The bike tour took us to some of the places I hadn’t seen previously, and it was an overall fun experience for both of us. We saw so much during the three hours! Our guide, Martina, was excellent with lots of info, too. The pasta class was excellent! Our chef taught us how to make three different filled pastas and three widths of straight pasta. He offered me a job after seeing my rectangle of pasta dough & shapes. Hmmm! ; ) (Probably from my experience of making lots of croissants after a class in Paris.) His sauces were wonderful – some new excitement added to traditional recipes. We will definitely be making these recipes at home! ”

Posted by
1034 posts

Cesarine is a group affiliated with Slow Food that promotes preservation of traditional regional cooking and vets home cooks who offer in-home meals, cooking classes and food experiences. My guests and I have had fantastic personalized experiences with them. have a look and see if you find a cook you like in the area you’ll be staying. I highly recommend them.