Please sign in to post.

Cooking class in Siena

We're going to be in Siena the first week in November. We would love to take a cooking class there. I met someone once who said that they got recommendations on the forum for 2 different people. One was a class with a woman who cooked in front of them, showing them techniques, etc. I don't remember if they went to the market with her or not. The 2nd class was a mother who was the teacher and her adult daughter who interpreted. Although he and his wife enjoyed both classes they had the most fun when going to the market with the mother/daughter pair and then going to their home to cook the meal.

I don't have a way to connect with the gentleman who gave me the information but I would love recommendations from the forum folks. Suggestions?

Posted by
68 posts

I found a great cooking class outside of Florence on AirBnB experiences. Have you checked there? Not sure about classes in Siena but worth doing a search on AirBnB.

This is the class we took, it was fabulous! If I'm ever back in that area I'll do it again.

https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/25122?location=Florence%2C%20Italy&currentTab=experience_tab&federatedSearchId=e096d8a3-0f40-42cb-93c0-6a2ef50ccf4c&searchId=e11f601a-18ab-4a5d-b2ff-45cd80a4fcfd&sectionId=83763382-11cd-4ac1-9982-228c58ea2a26

Posted by
67 posts

Thanks Katie, I'll check it out. I've never used Airbnb before (I'm a dinosaur, I know) so I'll check out your suggestion. Every time that I have received a recommendation on the RS Forum it's been spot on. Thanks again!

Posted by
2386 posts

hey hey kelly
eatwith.com/siena click white circle is for filters you're interested in
cookly.me
siena and see if something interests you. look at where it is and if transportation available
martascookingclasses.com
viator.com
click for cooking classes, some do the market also

tuscan-chef.com
click cooking school, see what days of week they have planned
scuola di cucina di lella listed on facebook. email her
stop at a tourist kiosk in city center and see what they offer.
good luck and have fun

Posted by
67 posts

Hey hey hey back. Thanks so much! Great links. The name "Marta" sounds familiar and it may be the woman who cooked with her daughter. Thanks much. I'll check these out! :-D

Posted by
250 posts

We have taken a cooking classes 3 times with Costanza Piccolomini in Siena. She provides a wonderful experience in her home kitchen (not an industrial kitchen). She may be contacted by email at [email protected] or by phone or WhatsApp at +39.338.279.3503. We highly recommend her classes.

Posted by
67 posts

Thanks Charylm! Does she have a website by any chance?