Please sign in to post.

Cooking Class in Lucca

One last inquiry.

Staying in Lucca for five days. Looking forward to taking in the culture and pace.

Any suggestions for a traditional cooking class?

Thank you,

Tammy

Posted by
396 posts

Tammy,
I loved Chef Paolo Monti's cooking class. You can google his name and his website will come up. You can take 1/2, full day or one week of classes. He has the classes in his hotel, a short distance from Lucca. We took a taxi from our hotel inside the walls and, if I remember right, it was about 15 minute ride. I made a down payment on the classes by PayPal and paid the rest at the completion of the class.
After our classes, we had a wonderful lunch of all our dishes on the terrace of the hotel. In addition to the classes, he gives an olive oil lesson with tasting of various oils and a short talk/demonstration about different kinds of flours to use. You get to keep the recipes of all the dishes you make. The only hard decision was which classes to take.
Lucca is one of my favorite cities in Italy. I would stay inside the walls for the best experience. Let me know if I can help with hotel/restaurant or any other recommendation.
Karren