Please sign in to post.

Cooking class in Lucca

Has anyone tried a Cesarine cooking class in Lucca? I was hoping to sign up for an Extra Virgin class, but they do not have a class they fits my schedule.

If not Cesarine, I’d welcome other suggestions. Thanks!

Posted by
2377 posts

hey hey susan
airbnb/experiences/lucca
click food and drink,scroll down to classes offered and take your pick
cucina-italiana.com
paolo monti's cooking classes, click his half day classes with hope you find one you like
eatwith.com/lucca
click the cooking classes and see what is offered
getyourguide.com/lucca
a third party reseller to inform you, click filters: food and workshops/classes
you asked this last month, sorry about not getting the extra virgin class. it's on my list when we plan our next trip to italy.
aloha

Posted by
137 posts

Yes I did ask, and as a result, looked into Extra Virgin.

Have you experience with the others?

Posted by
2377 posts

hey hey susan
no, they were on my list when trip was cancelled in 2021.
have done other cooking classes and food tours elsewhere. no plans for next trip to italy, my plans are spending time with my family on the big island of hawaii with medical issues. was there month of september and probably again march or april for a month.
gotta do what i got to do. thanks
aloha

Posted by
7644 posts

Hi Susan, that’s unfortunate that Extra Virgin isn’t available. I see Cesarine classes offered in several Italian cities when doing on-line searches. I haven’t done one but get the impression that there may not be a consistent teacher - more like a network of who might be available so varying quality of experience since it’s not tied to the chef’s name.

When I was heading to Lucca and eventually found out about Extra Virgin, I was also looking into Paolo Monti for his cooking class outside of Lucca. That may still be a possibility for you. His reviews were good enough they made my short list, and looking now on Trip Advisor he’s still receiving very high review ratings, but of course, check review details.

Hope that helps!

Posted by
137 posts

I agree with your assessment of Cesarine. Luck of the draw, I guess.

I saw the cooking school, but had a tough time navigating the website on my cell. I’ll try on my pc tomorrow. Thanks.