Please sign in to post.

Cooking Class in Italy

Has anyone taken a 1-day cooking course in Tuscany, Rome, or Venice? I'm looking for one but I'm also on a budget. Any info? Thanks!

Posted by
6898 posts

My wife and I both took a 1-day cooking class in Florence. They are not inexpensive. For both of us, it cost 468Euro. We enjoyed our Tuscany cooking class. To be one of up to six people in a shared 5-hour class, it's 260euro. You can contact them at info@cordonbleu-it.com. There is also a great 2nd school in Florence called Divina Cucina. Website is www.divinacucina.com. This second cooking school is slightly more expensive but reportedly very good.

Posted by
15 posts

my husband and I took a class back in 2001 when we were in Florence. It was with the Accidental Tourist. I can't remember what we paid, but whatever it was, it was worth it. The day was one of the highlights of our trip. We were picked up by van in Florence, and driven into Tuscany to the villa of Count Rossi (Martini and Rossi). We had a tour of the wine cellars and the olive oil presses. We sampled bread and olive oil and wine out on a terrace. Then we went inside for our cooking class. We made ravioli, and some other pasta. Then back onto the terrace for a feast, topped off with dessert and more wines. The van took us back to Florence. We were so full we skipped dinner that night. I checked, and they have a website: accidentaltourist.com. We found out about them from a brochure in the hotel lobby in Florence. We are returning to Italy in April, but are skipping Florence this time. Hope you have a great time.
Carol

Posted by
61 posts

I recently researched the same thing for our upcoming trip. There have been a lot of great recommendations on this website for the accidental tourist company in Florence. We will be staying in Cortona and I found one through tuscan-tours.com (also recommended on the helpline) that is 110 Euros. I would also recommend asking one of the hotels you are staying at if they have a recommendation. When we were in Chianti (Greve, I believe) a few years ago the owner of the hotel told us about some 1/2 day cooking classes at one of the local restaurants. Good luck.