Please sign in to post.

Cooking class in Florence

We are currently in Venice and will be in Florence on may 9th. My daughter would like to participate in dinner cooking class and learn how to make pasta. Does anyone know of such a class? Btw, this site and Rick Steve's guidebooks have been a great help so far. Marco, (formally Marc until now) Ciao Bella

Posted by
115 posts

A few weeks ago I used Florencetown to book and do a cooking class with. They have one that starts at 1000 on the ninth. It ran from 1000 to 4:00. Included a market tour with tastings. We made tiramasu, ravioli and a long strip pasta, cannot remember the official name of it. I enjoyed the class. There were 18 of us which is the max of people that the room holds. A very hands on class. there is availability on the 9 and 10th. It is 45 euros for a child? and 85 euros for adults.

Posted by
52 posts

Of the two classes I would recommend Cook Eat Italian with Manuela. When we took a class with them there was only one other couple -making 4 students in total. I think their max class size is 6. I have not taken a class with Florencetown but from what I can tell they usually have really big groups -I have heard they sometimes take over 20 in a group.
There is not much difference in price, 85 euros vs 99 euros, so unless you are desperate to save a few euros I would go with the smaller class size at Cook Eat Italian.